Onboard our ships, we do our best to cut our environmental impact as much as possible, first of all by not consuming any animal products and choosing a plant-based diet.
We do recycle all that we can, but reducing our consumption of waste is even better. We always make every effort to reduce any waste that will eventually end up polluting our oceans.
As an organization that relies mainly on donations, we are immensely grateful for the generosity of every single person who gives us food to help our campaigns. Without the contribution of each of you, we couldn't be as effective as we are, and the oceans would be the first to suffer from that.
If at all possible, we would encourage you to consider the below points when making food donations to the Sea Shepherd ships:
- Choose glass containers over plastic ones
- Buy in bulk if you can, or avoid single-portion packaged food
- Choose cardboard packaging over plastic packaging
- We will make it easy for you to carry groceries without plastic bags, by giving you back your crates or reusable bags
- If not indicated otherwise on a wish list, choose fresh produce rather than frozen or tinned ones
- We appreciate all efforts to support ethical companies (the ones that don't test on animals, don't destroy the environment, don't exploit people)
- Choose organic, seasonal and local food over GMO and long-distance food
- Choose the local market over the supermarket
Please note these are suggestions only. We understand that it is not always possible to implement them.
Thank you so much for your on-going support of Sea Shepherd as we all work to DEFEND*CONSERVE*PROTECT our oceans.