Sea Shepherd Germany is Back in the Baltic Sea
Thursday, 24 Jun, 2021
Thursday, 18 May, 2023
Sea Shepherd Global’s campaigns against Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) fishing not only defend key biodiversity hotspots in the ocean, allowing marine wildlife to recover and repopulate, but also involve the removal of abandoned, lost, and discarded fishing gear (ALDFG) -- aka ghost nets -- encountered on our patrols.
To further our commitment to ocean conservation, we are excited to introduce the Ghost Network project – an innovative B2B solution aimed at partnering with businesses to repurpose or recycle recovered fishing gear, in accordance with these five core commandments:
1. 100% Repurposing: Ensuring all collected fishing gear is repurposed or recycled.
2. No Exclusion of Materials: Accepting all types of materials for repurposing or recycling.
3. Traceable through Blockchain: Tracking the supply chain using blockchain technology for transparency and accountability.
4. Part Proceeds to Sea Shepherd: Contributing a portion of the proceeds to support Sea Shepherd's conservation efforts.
5. Mandatory Sustainable PLM (Product Lifecycle Management): Implementing sustainable practices throughout the product lifecycle.
Sea Shepherd Global invites businesses to join the Ghost Network, and help us prevent ALDFG fishing gear from polluting the ocean by collaborating on responsible repurposing or recycling. Together, we can create a sustainable system that protects marine life and promotes a circular economy for all stakeholders.
Learn more and sign up here: www.ghostnetwork.org